What are the key features of your proposal?
- An Education Savings Account(ESA) will be created for every school age (K-12) child in California who opt into the program.
- Each year the State of California will deposit into that account 9 equal payments a sum approximately equal to the average amount spent by the state on each school age child under Proposition 98.
- This money can be used to attend a private accredited school chosen by the parents. The child can remain at the current public school and not participate in the savings program.
- Any money not used for tuition can be accumulated and used for other qualified educational expenses and/or saved and used for in-state college or vocational training.
- Proposition 98 directs that 38% of the California State budget be directed to be used for K-12 education.
Was this helpful?